How to in 10 easy steps optimize your website for Google
Check if there are any popular mistakes in optimizing your website. Don’t let your competitors take advantage of the shortcomings of those responsible for the company’s website! Learn more about the optimization activities that will help you to achieve better positions in Google.
How to optimize your website?
Before the very actions to help you make your website crawl. You should consider choosing the right keywords. If you don’t have a large budget. At the beginning I would recommend choosing less competitive phrases.
Check the competitiveness of specific queries by analyzing the average number of hits per month, the number of ads and rates in Google Ads. Tools that will help in obtaining such data are the keyword planner, Google Trends and the search engine itself.
The next step will be the optimization of the website for selected keywords.
Important elements that we should pay attention to are:
1. Optimisation of the title, i.e. the title of the page – filling in with the most important keywords. I am in favour of one to three keywords or a group of related words corresponding to one subpage.
2. Description optimization – optimization of the website description does not directly affect the position in Google, but it allows to obtain bold keywords – eye-catching users.
3. Keywords optimization – I would modify this element only because of other search engines. Google itself does not take this factor into account.
4. Content saturation – the priority should be to expand the content for selected keywords. That is, appropriate saturation with phrases, in all forms of the Polish language. Catchy and modestly used headers (h1, h2, h3…) containing a phrase. Naturally looking bold important elements of the text.
5. Friendly building of url address – it is important that the address of your subpages contain keywords separated by a dash. Let’s not use underlining! Most problems with this subpoint will have people who have websites based on old CMS.
6. Internal linking – make sure that your website has internal deletion of subpages, especially those you care about;
7. File names – in this case we follow the same procedure as in the case of friendly links
8. Elimination of internal duplicates of the website – it is important that the homepage is under one address. Examples of duplicate pages occur in situations where the home page is displayed at: www.domena.com, domain.com, domain.com/index.html. Remember to redirect 301 to the selected version in such situations.
9. ALT – alternative image descriptions visible for Google robots. Alerts are also important for blind Internet users. Thanks to this description, the person on the other side will hear a message describing the image.
10. Speed of loading the page – think how many times you left the page, just because of the extended loading time. Google did not forget about this element and created PageSpeed Insights, where you can check the page loading parameters.
I think that after describing these less and more important aspects of website optimization for Google search engine – achieving the leading positions will be much easier.